Once a month, we ask Loring Families to consider bringing in food to donate to the Sudbury Food Pantry. Each month there is a different theme for the students to dress up and wear that day to show their spirit. Check this page each month for the theme and the most needed items!
- September 15th
- October 13th
- November 17th
- December 15th
- January 19th
- February 9th
- March 16th
- April 6th
- May 11th
- June 8th
PLEASE! PLEASE! NO GLASS JARS OR BOTTLES!
We need brown paper bags again!
Our Most requested items in June were:
- Cereal (hot and cold)
- Canned Soup (except Tomato and Chicken Noodle). Preference for Cream of mushroom soup, Progresso, Campbell’s Chunky, Healthy Choice
- Pasta: All types, Except Whole wheat. Some lasagna noodles would be nice.
- Veggies: Canned beets, spinach, asparagus, corn, mixed veggies, potatoes, yams. BUT Please NO green beans or carrots this month
- Canned Beans — ALL types: baked beans, pinto beans, red kidney beans, great northern beans, cannellini beans, black beans, garbanzo beans.
- Baking/Dessert products, Cake & Brownie & Muffin & fruity Bread Mixes (like banana bread, Jell-O, Jiffy mixes, olive or vegetable oil
- Household Items: Plastic sandwich bags!!! LIQUID hand soap & dish soap; aluminum foil & saran wrap
- Condiments (particularly mayo, ketchup, salad dressings pickles, olives, salsa etc.)
- Flavored rice (like Near East), and other packaged side dishes
- Tuna, Salmon, Sardines
- Coffee/tea/instant cocoa mix
- Canned Fruit — PEACHES, pineapple, mandarin oranges, apricots, pears
- Canned Tomato products
- Spaghetti and/or Tomato Sauce (particularly jars)
- Tomato Paste !!
- Stewed Tomatoes
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Packaged Snack items (cookies, crackers pretzels, granola bars etc.)
- Boxed macaroni & cheese
- Baby Food: Cereal, Wipes & Diapers & stage 1 & 2 Fruit food
- Peanut Butter — particularly chunky or honey roast! and assorted flavors Jams and Jellies (except grape)
- Beef and chicken gravy.